Friday 30 September 2016

Colour Work Diary






Work Diary


Evaluation

When  I went out to take pictures, my main focus was the subject of colour. I personally quite like the pictures that I've taken, although I do feel like some were better than others. my particular favourites are probably the picture of the garage door, as it features a very nice muted blue and neutral white, and also the picture of the sky horizontal to the building as the sky looks really saturated and stands out well against the muted, dull browns of the bricks on the building. 

The picture to the left features a heavily muted blue, combined with neutral white. Therefore this picture features both primary and neutral colours. I particularly like this composition as the blue paint looks quite old, due the fact its cracked and chipping. 

The picture on the right hand side features a modern looking, brick building against a bright blue, somewhat cloudy sky. The building looks slightly slanted yet horizontal against the sky. I particularly like this composition due to the level of natural saturation in the sky, especially when combined with the muted tones present in the brick building. If I had to pick something that I did not so much enjoy about this image, it would be the framing - if I were to retake I would definitely adjust my framing so that the building appeared less slanted and more straight and horizontal.

Progression

When next dealing with this topic, particular ideas that I wish to focus on would probably include more portraiture photography. This is due to the fact that I enjoy photographing people much more than man made images, nature or animals. 

Image result for amy nelson blain photographyImage result for amy nelson blain photographyOne portrait photographer in particular that I take inspiration from when it comes to the subject of colour is Amy Nelson-Blain. These two images are my favourite works of hers. What I like about this work is probably the use of neon lighting to create colour. I feel that this gives the images a very surreal and interesting look; almost magical, even. I would like to incorporate some of this lighting next time I focus on this area. 




No comments:

Post a Comment