Friday 30 September 2016

Pattern Work Diary

Pattern Work Diary

Evaluation

The main focus of this series of images was the formal element of Pattern. I like most of the images that I took because I think that they all demonstrate pattern in different and interesting ways. In particular I like the image of the patterns in the art department, and the photograph that I took of the building directly opposite the art department. I like the first image because it demonstrates pattern as you would expect to see it; a repeated image or line or object, which was in this case, a printed rose repeated on a long strip of paper. I liked the image of the building because it demonstrates how pattern is integrated into everyday life; the patterns one may not regularly take notice of.


Progression

If I were to revisit this topic I think that I would perhaps focus more on portraiture and clothing; capturing, perhaps, patterns within peoples eyes, their skin, their hair etc. As for clothing, I find fashion photography also highly interesting, and therefore may photograph people wearing different patterned prints; clashing patterns, patterned two-piece sets, hats, coats etc. I simply find the photography of people highly interesting. 

No comments:

Post a Comment